Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Working Poor

So I keep wondering why these people don't seem to want to help their situations. I wonder why they don't use the money they make for their bills and stuff like that. I didn't mention it before but I really like the chapter on the exploitation of labor (Ch. 3). I think it is really important to know about these situations, especially since they are happening in the United States. The United States is using immigrants for their cheap labor and not giving them enough money. This is ridiculous because they are coming to the US for a better opportunity yet we are treating them like they are back home.

I wish I could help all of the people I am reading about in the book. However, I don't think most of them want to be helped.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it is important for the public to know what is happening to immigrant laborers. People in this country are quick to blame them for stealing our jobs and money but many do not know the actual exploitation that often occurs.

    NW

    ReplyDelete